Thursday 29 August 2013

Music Journal #XXX

I was hoping to continue the 'Music Journal' aspect of this project up until the end of the year 2013.

Unfortunately, I don't see a reason to keep it going anymore and I feel there is no point tying myself down with dead weight.
It's been a pleasure making more of an effort with music I have come into contact with.
However, I'm busy with other activities and will have to let this go; It has served it's purpose, I think.

End.

?

------------------

My favourite albums (and such) of the year thus far include (in no particular order):

Amygdala - DJ Koze
Som Sakrifis - Mohammad
Cold Spring Fault Less Youth - Mount Kimbie
Overgrown - James Blake
Yeezus - Kanye West
The Redeemer - Dean Blunt
Acid Rap - Chance the Rapper
The Inheritors - James Holden
Excavation - The Haxan Cloak
Run The Jewels - Run The Jewels (El-P x Killer Mike)
Modern Vampires of the City - Vampire Weekend
Engravings - Forest Swords
Abandon - Pharmakon
II - Moderat

I really should broaden my horizons, shouldn't I?
Here is a similar list, with albums replaced by songs:

Nices Wölkchen - DJ Koze ft. Apparat
Numbers on the Boards - Pusha-T (Kanye West-produced)
Every track on Yeezus - Kanye West (ft. Everyone)
1Train - A$AP Rocky ft. Kendrick Lamar, Joey Bada$$, Yelawolf, Danny Brown, Action Bronson, Big KRIT
You Took Your Time - Mount Kimbie ft. King Krule
Break Well - Mount Kimbie
Hannah Hunt - Vampire Weekend
Step - Vampire Weekend
Body Party - Ciara
Kathy Lee - Jessy Lanza
Thor's Stone - Forest Swords
Stone Island - Dean Blunt
Foreign 2 - King Krule
Overdose - Zomby
Started From The Bottom - Drake
Hold On, We're Going Home - Drake
Easy Easy - King Krule
Morro Dub Dende - DJ Die & Addison Groove
Hackney Parrot (Special Request VIP) - Tessela
Yayla - Rezzett
High Heel Sleaze - Svengalisghost
Good Name - William Onyeabor
Dyslogy - Demdike Stare
Amaze - Terekke
Chevy - Kahn & Neek
Renata (Daphni Remix) - James Holden
Made To Stray - Mount Kimbie

I'm pretty sure I've missed a host of other things.
Here are some videos that have stuck with me:

Strictly 4 My Jeeps - Action Bronson
Hot Knife - Fiona Apple
Late Night - Foals
Started From The Bottom - Drake
Numbers on the Boards - Pusha-T
Suit & Tie - Justin Timberlake ft. Jay-Z
Blurred Lines - Robin Thicke ft. T.I. & Pharrell Williams
Ingenue - Atoms For Peace
Overgrown - James Blake
Body Party - Ciara
Picasso Baby - Jay Z
Kathy Lee - Jessy Lanza
Sakrifis - Mohammad
Let Me Be The One - Let The Machines Do The Work


There's been some great stuff from Savages, The Child of LOV, Pantha Du Prince & The Bell Laboratory, loads of other artists and people and things.

I can't remember them all. Except when I come across them, that amazing feeling washes over me.
I guess that's the point, right?
The dream?

Maybe.
Ugh.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment